Double Blessings...

2 comments



On Tuesday night our family did a concert at a mobile home park in Lakeland. We were delayed in traffic and arrived with minutes to spare till starting time. We were greeted with a loud round of applause when walking through the doors…besides feeling bad that we were on the very verge of ‘late’, we all had to smile at being so heartily welcomed!

The concert began and we sang, played our instruments and spoke of God’s faithfulness in our lives. We saw tears in people’s eyes, timid raising of hands in worship and mouthing of familiar words in others. It really was a special evening…

Then it happened…the moment of the evening that really touched me. An older gentleman asked to come up after the program had ended…he said he had some words he wanted to say. “I knew I wanted to do this when I came back down to Florida from Canada…I thought about it all summer, and I decided that I wanted to pray for people who are sick and live around me and are here tonight…but especially for Cilicia…”me?? He looked at me out of eyes that knew my struggle, “I lived with migraines for years too, but God healed me from them. I want to pray here, right now that they’ll be gone from you too.” I hadn’t said a word to anyone that evening about my struggle with daily headaches. As I walked back up to the platform from where we had just been singing about God’s many blessings in trials, I knew I was just receiving a special blessing in such an unexpected way. We were there to bless them, but God chose to bless me too. Daddy, standing beside me hugged me tight as we bowed our heads in prayer, the elderly man grasping my other hand in his shaking, sincere hand bowed too. But we weren’t alone, many others came up and gathered around us and agreed in prayer.

When we drove home that night, I sat there in the darkened van and realized that people were praying for me whom I didn’t even know, praying for my need which sometimes seems so small and insignificant in comparison to other’s needs and trials. That night I felt so blessed, “blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night…” those are the words we sang that night. Maybe I don’t see my healing in sight now, but I know that when the Lord does choose to give me my miracle, many people will know it to be one that was bathed in prayer, a miracle that was prayed for on fervent, sincere knees.

I read this from a devotional earlier that morning…”Instead of running away from these challenges, embrace them, eager to gain all the blessings the Lord has hidden in the difficulties.”

Yes, I went to bed with “an ocean full of blessing in the midst of my test…” The Lord is good to remind me that in His own and unique way, that He is listening, working and moving in my behalf.

Cilicia

2 comments:

  1. It's a fantastic thing when we're given a glimpse into what God is doing behind the scenes.

    You are being prepared for your future while your future is being prepared for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sweet Cilicia,
    Such a beautiful blessing the Lord bestowed upon you thru the elderly gentleman! Amazing!!! But then God is amazing! It's not for us to know why you have been chosen to be afflicted with these horrible headaches but God definitely has a plan......and yes, you are right.....he is moving and working in your behalf. We shall continue to pray for your healing and pray that it will be as soon as God allows in his sweet timing.

    I like what Andrew posted!!!! So true!

    I think of you daily and pray for relief for you.

    Love you so much, precious child of God!

    2 Corinthians 4:16
    King James Version (KJV)
    16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers