10 Things I Knew the First 59 Seconds of Your Life...

3 comments


 1. That I was in the right place at the right time.
Have you ever had the sense that you should be doing something else or that you should be somewhere else….the sense of somehow having *missed*? That first minute with you solidified for me the absolute divine knowledge that I was, in fact, exactly on spot. The right place at the right time. Amazing.

2. That my memories would be my best teachers.
I realized in that first minute that the books I had so carefully read and studied about parenting would not really serve me the way I though they would. Memories flood and *teach*...Papi standing in the doorway in his uniform home from Viet Nam and how incredibly important that was….the way Mama twiddles her fingers in mine…how I knew that if I did not obey, it was not a good thing….how Papi just knew that drawing lessons were more ‘me’ than dance class. Somehow all these memories would be my teachers.

3. That people can actually hold miracles.
Ears that tiny are miraculous.

4. That words are not always needed.
The eyes say plenty.

5. That love can be so big, it actually stings.
I didn’t know I would love so much.

6. That night-time is day-time, too and that staying awake is really important.
Have you ever noticed how loudly the clock ticks? How creaky the walls? How the rocking chair squeaks? How clearly God speaks? In the dark…pacing the baby?

7. That you would love books just like me.
I could tell by that crooked smile.

8. That I didn’t really know anything about anything.
Experience is hard teacher: the test comes first, then the lesson.

9. That my prayer life would be changed forever.
A lot more begging. A lot more awe.

10. That I had been gifted.
In a way that no one else in this whole universe, nor history had ever been gifted before.



Happy Father's Day to you.
"Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal."
Matthew 6:19b


A special Happy Father’s Day to our son, Joshua and his wife Heather as they and all of us joyfully await the arrival of our first grandchild!

“….prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts,
if I will not open you the windows of heaven
and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
Malachi 3:10

Ana

3 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers