Draw Me Nearer...

1 comment
On the night before VBS started, I sat on my bed overwhelmed with how much we had done...all of the planning...collecting of cardboard...decorating...asking...remembering things that have almost been forgotten...had I forgotten anything else?


Monday, June 17, 2013, was the first day of VBS.
We chose to study the life of Noah...his life was a depiction of a life fully surrendered to God...not wondering if he somehow missed God somewhere down the line...120 years...no example to follow...no one to point his children to, to say "look...there is a message...a life...someone that we can watch and follow"...no one...nothing...
"But God..."


Daddy often says that "but God"...the Lord says that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him...that walk in His ways...As I sat on my bed, feeling a little anxious about the starting of VBS, the song drifted through my thoughts...the same song that The Lord gave me earlier in the day..."Draw Me Nearer".

 Just writing and thinking...meditating on who The Lord was, comforted and encouraged me!


 We were expecting a miracle to happen this week! We were expecting The Lord to use our small Church to make a difference in children's lives..maybe even a family...our community...and He did.
We asked the Lord to use us...really use us...all of our weaknesses to show His power...use our discomfort...our inabilities to exemplify who He was and is...and He did.

Tonight we are so excited that six children committed their lives to The Lord through this week...and I can't help but think back to the song that captured my thoughts at the beginning of the week...and thank The Lord that these children who have just begun a new life with Christ, have chosen to say...

"I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

 Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!

There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.


Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side."

Alexis
 

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord!!! You are a blessing to me of the Lord. May God continue fulfill and show Himself in your lives. Your family is a constant declaration of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers