National Day of Encouragement...

Leave a Comment


Encouragement: the action of giving someone support, confidence, or hope.

Monday I was looking at the calendar and was surprised to see that this September 12 is National Day of Encouragement!  I was gone for the day, but was thinking how nice it would be to intentionally send out a letter to encourage a friend before Thursday. I haven’t been feeling that great myself with a particularly hard week of bad headaches and was so blessed to be a recipient of intentional encouragement from our friend, Erlene. I don’t believe she was aware of “National Day of Encouragement” but her thoughtful, love-filled basket was given out of a sincere desire to love and...ENCOURAGE!
Jesus said: “And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, 
even as we are one: I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; 
and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me. “ John 17:22-23 

In the Senate of the United States:
The Senate designates September 12 as ‘National Day of Encouragement’; acknowledges the importance of encouragement and positive influences in the lives of all people; and urges the people of the United States to encourage others, whether through an act of service, a thoughtful letter, or words of kindness and inspiration, and by that encouragement to boost the morale of all people of the United States. 


Perhaps by sending a note through the mail, giving a plate of cookies or a word to give needed encouragement this September 12 we can share with others the great love the Lord has for us, for He is "the lifter up of our head."
I have felt so blessed myself that I know that others around you will too, even if it is our simple "words of kindness" this Thursday.
Many Blessings,
Cilicia

0 Encouraging Words:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers