Sounds of Answered Prayer...

4 comments
Our roof is so very old. So old, people mentioned it looked like there was a thin layer of snow on top...the shingles are so tattered some of them look white. Every June, as hurricane season rolls in, we ask God to spare our shingles:) We watched our next door neighbor's roof peel away during an especially hard hurricane and marveled that the same hadn't happened to us!

When we moved into our home 11 years ago we knew our roof would need to be redone. Every year since then we've committed it to prayer. We continued watching rain splash on it in June and leaves fall on it in November and hanging Christmas lights on it in December. And we prayed. And God was and has been so good to us. He answers prayer in miraculous ways. Last Sunday our church announced that we would be getting a brand new roof! And the work would begin that coming up Wednesday!! Men are giving of their time to do this.We were shocked and amazed at how God works. We still can't believe it. We are so blessed. We also went into cleaning mode and the whole house sparkles right now, even though the men aren't working on the inside of the house...

Well, today is Wednesday and we are in the kitchen preparing dinner for tonight and singing this song that we love and kinda makes us feel it was written just for us:

"Your Blessings on Me"

"While the world looks upon me as I struggle along, they say I have nothing, but they are so wrong. In my heart I'm rejoicing, how I wish they could see...."

Thank you Lord for your blessings on me.

"Now  I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes they're not new, I don't have much money but Lord I have you. And that's all that matters, though the world cannot see...."

Thank you Lord for your blessing on me.

"There's a roof up above me, I've a good place to sleep, there's food on my table, and shoes on my feet. You gave me your love Lord and a fine family...."

Thank you Lord for your blessings on me. 

As I write this there is quite a bit of banging and sawing and pounding noises coming from up above me.

It's the sound of answered prayer.....

Olivia







"And I thank you Lord for your blessings on me..."

4 comments:

  1. oh, this made me cry! what an INCREDIBLE testimony of our God's amazing provision!
    singing along with y'all...
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charity and Alex! It IS incredible!
      We are happy and excited too:)

      Olivia

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's amazing and awesome! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia, so beautifully written! Ain't God good?.....all the time! SO happy that God's lil army has received this wonderful blessing! Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers