I Am an American...

Leave a Comment
Our grandparents joined us to celebrate July 4th! They wanted to treat us to the amazing pulled pork, mac an' cheese and hush puppies:) from Jim Bo's in Lakeland. It was so good! If you are ever in that area we recommend Jim Bo's as a place to eat:)

My grandmother is so very proud of her American Citizenship. Only knowing Spain her whole life, she married my grandfather, moved to the United States and started a whole new way of living. She has hilarious stories of learning the "American" way, (My grandfather forgot to tell her about Thanksgiving the first year of marriage) and becomes emotional when talking of the day she raised her right hand and became a United States Citizen. When we get together to celebrate July 4th she always asks us to sing the "National Anthem" and the little boys sing her the song called "You're a Grand Old Flag". Did she miss her dear homeland? Yes. But she was determined, she said, to: "Live the American way. I am an American. I am proud of my country".

We are deeply grateful to live in America and celebrate this day.

Above that, we are honored to serve and celebrate the Lord Jesus Christ on whom this great Nation was founded.

Olivia



"Star", a nickname my grandmother has for Treasure.






"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ..."
(Patrick Henry)


0 Encouraging Words:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers