Little Things...

1 comment

A couple of weeks ago, I sat in church listening to a message about the "little things"...

"There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?"
As I sat there in the pew, my thoughts flew with what seemed like small difficulty, across years and places, times and seasons of life...to a chorus of a song.
I remembered them singing it...that song.
I remembered the floors...they were concrete.
I remembered that Sunday...it was night.
I remembered the little boy that sang one of the verses.
I wondered if they would know that someone would remember them by that song..."Little is Much When God is In It"...

"Little is much when God is in it,
Labor not for wealth or fame;
There's a crown, and you can win it,
If you go in Jesus' name."



I thought of the little things again in a different way, while we were attending an evening service last night. Daddy was there to fill in for the Pastor who has not been well, and what a sweet surprise we had when he and his wife walked in the church doors! Pastor Neal was in the hospital last week, and his wife has been battling cancer and just had brain surgery a couple of months ago...but you wouldn't know it by the way that they smiled and greeted everyone. Jesus truly shines.

This fellowship is believing that this "big" circumstance is not too big for God, trusting that He is able to move on behalf of their prayers. Believing that there is nothing too big or too small for God.

"Does the place you're called to labor
Seem so small and little known?
It is great if God is in it,
And He'll not forget His own."

Why is it that the Lord keeps reminding me of the little things? Is it because, maybe the little things aren't so little after all?

The gifts of time...family...place...season...memories...song...all of these things in our everyday ordinary life have struck me. Made me stop a moment. Made me re-adjust my definition of little things.

"When the conflict here is ended
And our race on earth is run,
He will say, if we are faithful,
"Welcome home, My child, well done!"

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty..."

-Alexis

1 comment:

  1. You made me smile girl while I was reading this. It is indeed the little things that make life so beautiful! It is the friends, our family, the laughter and the tears that we share together. It's following God's plan for our lives even if we don't understand it. That is what life is all about. We are called to "leave footprints all over town," touching lives for Christ and leading them to Him. These are the thing that we need to cling to when the storms of life hit us!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers